You are here
All grantee States are required to submit quarterly reports on the status of the grant. CMS has prepared a memo with instructions on how to submit the quarterly reports, which can be downloaded here. CMS and CNA have prepared templates for the four sections of the quarterly reports. Please use the links below to download the templates.
- Project Narrative Template new as of 10/1/2013; Instructions for filling out the Project Narrative Template
- Federal Financial Report Template; this contains both the template and instructions for filling it out
- Cost Expenditures Template new as of 12/18/2015
- Grantee Data File Template new as of 3/15/2017. Additions and clarifications are marked with "[new]" or "[updated]" and highlighted in red. Please note that the new template does not require States to take any action to change their reporting. States with a TA-developed background check system will automatically include the new program data elements in their report once the State has updated their system to the December 2016 build. States not using a TA-developed background check system are not required to include the new program data elements in their report.
- Summary of Changes from the 2/1/2014 update to the Grantee Data File Template.
If you receive an error message from the Project Narrative Template, please right-click on the link and select "Save as..."
CMS has instructed National Background Check Program grantee States to submit all Quarterly Report files via the BGCheckInfo website. Each State has a "File Uploader" page available from their My State page. Instructions on how to upload files to the website are available here.
If you cannot access any content or use any features on this website due to a disability, please contact our Section 508 Team via email at CNA508feedback@cna.org. Please use the same address to send general comments or questions about our 508 program or broader accessibility issues.
If you are reporting a problem accessing specific content or features, please upload the material in question and/or include the URL. Let us know the specific problems you are having.